Not as a interviewee but a interviewer! Wow, check it out!
Last night the news-broadcast on the commercial MTV3 channel celebrated their 25th year on the air. There were all kinds of special segments and one of them was this humorous mock-newscast made by finnish celebrities.
Kiira’s part was about the upcoming hockey season and she interviewed the two Tampere based teams Tappara and Ilves and then went to the town market square and asked people which team they support.
So go tolink (MTV3)and click “31.08.2006 Maikkarin uutiset julkkisten voimin” from the list on the left side. The Kiira’s part begins at about 2/3 from the start.
Or, clickhereto download the wmv file.
You can also watch it onYouTube.
Here is an english transcript to the clip by Ville:
– And then sports. The new season of the Finnish Hockey League will start exactly in two weeks.
– We sent out our skating reporter Kiira Korpi to find out what is the current balance of power in Tampere.
– Tampere is a hockey-town to the blood. Every year a fierce battle if fought to determine which one is the best hockey team in Tampre, Ilves or Tappara. Last year Tappara prevailed, what is the case this year? Let’s ask Janne.
– So Janne, what is the recipe to beat Ilves in the upcoming season?
– Well, strong defensive game and we need to make one more goal than the Ilves on every game.
– And now let’s find out what are the Ilves players thinking.
– So Pasi, what is the plan to bring down Tappara on the coming season?
– At least for the first game I hope that you too Kiira will turn to support the right team, and with a lot of support I think we can win.
– In Tampere everybody has to choose their side, it’s either Ilves or Tappara. Rumours even suggest that on job interviews people are required to tell which color they confess.
– Now we are here at the Tammela market square where at this time of the fall people discuss about the coming hockey season and eatblack sausage. Let’s find out whose stakes are rated higher.
– Which one is the Tampere champion on the coming season?
– Nobody knows it yet, they have to play first.
– Well what’s your guess?
– I don’t guess, I have guessed wrong so many years in a row.
– Which one do you support?
– Tappara of course!
– I hope that Ilves wins.
– Why have you always been a Ilves supporter?
– I was sixteen when I made my choice, and back then one of the reasons
was that Ilves had nicer playing uniforms that the “carrot pants”.